BESPOKE BARN WEDDINGS VENUE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Updated March 2021
These terms and conditions apply to the agreement between you (The Clients) and Bespoke Barn Weddings (“the Venue”). Paying the Initial payment AND signature on the booking form is confirmation of acceptance by you and other significant parties named of the following terms and conditions.
These terms shall be governed by the law covering the United Kingdom
1. MAKING YOUR BOOKING
The contract will only come into existence once the initial payment is paid and the booking form signed and received from both clients named in the wedding booking.
If only one person is making the wedding booking, that person confirms that they have the authority to make the booking on behalf of both persons intending to be married. Our contract will therefore be with both such persons.
2. SECURING DATES, METHOD OF PAYMENT AND PRICE
- The price of your wedding package shall be as set out on your booking form which can be found on your wedding hub page within our website.
- Any “Extra” services we subsequently agree at our discretion to provide to you will also be detailed on this page and billed to you as and when such services are requested and we agree in writing to supply them. We reserve the right to make an additional charge should there be any variations from the initial order. Such variations will be agreed in advance in writing with you.
- An initial payment is required to secure your booking and will be part of our confirmation of the contract to you. A booking is not confirmed by us until the initial payment has been received along with the signed booking agreement and confirmation of acceptance of terms and conditions.
- You will have a cooling off period of 14 days from paying your initial payment to cancel for a full refund.
- The balance is due at least 60 days before your event. If you fail to pay the balance on or before the due date then we regret that we may treat this as a breach of contract and may not be able to continue with the booking as planned we will work with you to agree on a suitable alternative if possible. For bookings made less than 60 days before the start of venue hire date the total fee is payable on booking.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer, debit or credit card. Payments made via credit or debit card via our online gateway will incur a 3% fee as charged to us from our payment gateway providers Stripe/PayPal. We wave the 3% fee for credit & debit card payments under £100 on wedding venue initial payments ( allowing you to pay for up to £100 F.O.C to allow cover under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.)
- Additional services such as planning, design, decor, furniture, food & drink or entertainment which are commissioned by you from us to be made bespoke or sourced from external suppliers will be subject to their terms and conditions which will be set out in your order confirmation for each additional service prior to the order being placed and paid for.
- Guest glamping & Camping. All bookings for guests wanting to stay in glamping pods or their tents must be received 30 days prior to the event. All payments must be made at the time of booking.
- VAT is not applied to services exclusive supplied and provided by Bespoke Barn Weddings.
3. VENUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
A) All venue bookings are based on a minimum guest attendance of 30 guests with a maximum venue capacity of 50 Adult daytime wedding guests and 50 Adult total evening reception guests. You will be asked to provide an approximate number of expected guests at the time of booking. You must confirm the final numbers no later than 30 days before your wedding.
B) DECORATIONS, FURNITURE & ADDITIONAL ELEMENTS.
- Decorating the venue is permitted but we please ask that you are mindful to not damage the fabric of the building. We expect the venue to be left as it is found by you and your guests, suppliers etc, but feel free to decorate the space and add any additional elements your desire during your hire period.
- Candles & Fire pits are permitted but we please ask you to speak to your wedding coordinator to help arrange this in order measures are taken to limit fire risk. Chinese lanterns & fireworks are not permitted. You and your guests are not permitted to bring onto the venue or to light any flammable item without our prior permission in writing from the venue.
- We do allow confetti within the grounds and the Barn but this must be biodegradable.
C) ALCOHOL & REFRESHMENTS
Bar Hire is included in the hire of the Venue, we do not permit you to provide your own bar, except for certain pre-bookable packages and exceptions, see below.
- Supplying your own alcohol & refreshments for the welcome drinks, table wine and toast drinks. We charge a small corkage fee for us to chill, serve and provide glassware of £1 per glass poured at the bar. (eg 50 guests, 4 glasses each, 200 glasses poured by us = £200 corkage fee) Please note alcohol sale rules and age restrictions still apply to alcohol brought by yourselves to the venue as alcohol sold by the venue.
- Inviting another supplier to provide welcome drinks such as a horsebox bar or mixologist cocktail show who will set-up and run the bar as a standalone supplier requiring no input from the venue in terms of power or equipment then no additional fee will be charged. We would expect these to be served for a maximum of 1 hour, before returning to our bar service.
- We are open to serve your guests as soon as the ceremony is finished if you require and will stop serving at 22:30.
- While our licensed bar is in operation only alcohol & refreshments purchased at or prearranged to be served by the venue should be consumed by guests. Any guest found to be flaunting the rules may be asked to leave the venue.
- Our bar accepts payments via contactless card payment or cash.
- We operate a strict challenge 25 policy please ensure all guests bring ID. No alcohol can be consumed by any person under 18. Unfortunately, we may have to ask anyone attempting to supply alcohol to any guest under 18 to leave the venue.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to anyone we deem to be acting in a way that endangers themselves or others.
D) MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
- All music and/or entertainment for the event must cease by 11.00 pm. All guests not staying in pre-booked accommodation are asked to vacate the premises BY MIDNIGHT. We kindly ask your guests to keep noise levels at a respectable level while at the venue and when leaving the premises as to not disturb residents.
E) EXTERNAL SUPPLIERS.
- You have the option to work with any suppliers you wish, from time to time we may recommend suppliers to you on request, this is a recommendation only, it is your responsibility to confirm all elements yourself with external suppliers. No liability will be accepted by us for any services provided or purportedly provided by any external supplier.
- We will require copies of proof of relevant insurance and health & safety risk assessment before the event from any external supplier. All equipment must be covered by a current health and safety guidelines such as PAT test certificate. We reserve the right not to allow onto the venue any third party suppliers who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety of the venue and the welfare of its staff and guests.
- You and your suppliers may have access to the venue from 11 am – 6 pm the day before the event and then from 9 am until 11 am on the day after the event. Additional access can be arranged in advance but may be subject to additional charges.
- All rubbish created by external suppliers must be removed by said suppliers or arranged to be removed by yourselves. If we have to dispose of items such as food & catering waste, decorations or soiled items left behind on the site we may pass on a cleaning fee for this payable after the event.
F) PERMISSIONS & COPYRIGHT
- If you include any images of the venue on your wedding invitations, you must ensure that you have the permission of the appropriate copyright holder via the venue before use.
- You agree that we may use images taken at our venue of your wedding day for promotional purposes via our social media, website and print marketing.
G) YOUR’S AND YOUR GUESTS RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE AT OUR VENUE.
- You must provide your guests with the information regarding arrangements to be followed at the venue, for example, car parking, taxis, glamping, confetti.
- We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause damage to the venue or to risk the safety of people at the venue, and we will not tolerate any abusive behaviour by guests towards anyone at the venue. We reserve the right to ask any persons acting inappropriately to leave the venue if they refuse we may be forced to end the wedding early and seek help in removing all guests from the venue.
- Smoking is NOT permitted inside any parts of the venue, this includes vapes. Please use designated smoking areas and dispose of all smoking materials in the bins provided.
- Taxis and other transport should be arranged before the event as local firms may not be available at short notice. If guests are unable to vacate by said time or cause a disturbance which we have to attend after midnight additional charges may be passed onto you and payable after the event.
H) ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR GLAMPING GUESTS.
- You agree not to enter the Tent(s) whilst it is being erected, dressed and dismantled and to keep tent doors and windows completely closed and secure when not occupied.
- Tent/pod Allocation. Tents will be labelled with guests/individual name(s), therefore we will not be responsible for ensuring every guest sleeps in the correct tent. The person allocated the tent will be responsible for that tent so please ensure you stay in the one allocated to you.
- We kindly request that any items moved from any of the tents are put back in their place/allocated tent at the end of the hire. Failure to do so may mean you or the event hirer are charged for any missing item(s).
- Please use the bins provided in the tents for all rubbish. These are not for items sure as nappies, sanitary products or anything sharp such as glass or needles. If we have to remove such items we will charge a cleaning fee for safe disposal of items.
- Please remove outside shoes on entering the tents. If the tents or accessories within are found to be excessively dirty we will charge a cleaning fee for the extra labour involved in cleaning these items.
- The Client must not light, or allow to be lit, any fire, candle or another naked flame within or close to the Hired Items unless provided by the venue. Smoking of any kind including the use of vapes is strictly forbidden
- We have parking spaces for 30 cars, we do however request that guests share transport where possible, we are located in a quite rural village and do not wish to add to the traffic anymore than we need to.
- The site will be locked from 11:30 till 6:30 am, with no traffic to enter or leave the site between these hours, except in emergencys.
4. CANCELLATION BY YOU
- If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing.
- You will have a cooling off period of 14 days from paying your initial payment to cancel for a full refund.
- After 14 days we will use reasonable endeavours to “re-sell” the date, however, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into. We will tell you the exact cancellation charges once we know whether or not we have been able to resell the date, and you must pay the charges within 14 working days of our invoice.
- Where guest numbers have not been confirmed and the final price has yet to be finalised, we shall base the cancellation charges based on the original estimate of guest numbers set out in booking form.
- We strongly recommend that you take out private wedding insurance to ensure that you can meet any financial liabilities in the unlikely event that you need to cancel your wedding for any reason, this is available at a low cost from most insurance brokers, to cover yourself in this eventuality.
5. CANCELLATION BY US
If we cancel your booking under this paragraph, you will be liable for any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we can resell the date. Depending on when we cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay will be determined by reference to the timings for payment referred to in these terms and conditions and pro-rata costs incurred before the event cancellation.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to us and without any obligation to refund monies paid if:
- you do not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the date due; or
- we have reasonable grounds to believe that you may not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the due date and we have requested you to explain the position and you have not done so satisfactorily; or
- we discover, before you have paid the balance of your wedding package price, that you have deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect information, about your intended wedding in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking or that additional costs would be incurred to us from such undisclosed information; or
- we have reasonable grounds to believe that your behaviour or that of your guests at the wedding is likely to result in damage to the venue or injury to people.
6. CHANGES TO THE WEDDING VENUE.
- As a wedding plan is normally put together a long time before your scheduled date, We reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the venue between the time we accept your booking and the date of your wedding. For example, we may make changes to the décor and colour schemes of the furniture.
- We reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which we reasonably believe will not be to the detriment of your overall wedding experience.
- We will notify you of any significant changes, but unless the change is one which is likely to fundamentally change the nature of your wedding experience you accept these changes as part of this contract.
7. CHANGES TO THE CONTRACT WHICH ARE OUT OF EITHER PARTIES CONTROL.
- We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that are caused by events outside our reasonable control such as serious damage to the venue making it unsafe to attend, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, war, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water or lockdown restriction or any other change in the law which affects the original booking agreement and limits our ability to fulfil our contract.
- In these circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every effort as is reasonably practical to find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price or to move the dates of your wedding package by agreement with you to an alternative date.
- If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards your wedding package for services that have not been provided or are of a perishable or any bespoke commission which is now an asset.
- Depending on when the cancellation happens charges & refunds will be determined by what stage of planning and preparation has been completed as referred to in these terms and conditions and pro-rata costs incurred prior to the event cancellation will be charged.
- On 11 March, the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the outbreak of coronavirus, known as COVID-19, to be a global pandemic. Since then, the outbreak has evolved rapidly, with governments around the world taking swift action to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- In response, we are providing the following coverage for COVID-19 under our extenuating circumstances policy to help protect our clients and provide peace of mind. Please monitor our terms and conditions page https://www.bespokebarnweddings.com/terms-conditions/ . Reservations made for weddings or receptions booked before 1st October 2020 with an event date within 2021 or 2022, may be cancelled.
- Both parties have up to 60 days before the wedding/ reception date to cancel (with a full refund) or postpone the wedding to another date if the current government guidelines states that the event cannot happen or they limit the wedding party numbers so that the number is under the guests agreed in the initial contract.This means that guests who cancel under the policy will receive a full cash refund or be offered an alternative date for the amount they paid (where another suitable date is available).
- Our extenuating circumstances policy is intended to protect clients and ourselves from unforeseen circumstances that arise after booking. After the declaration of COVID-19 as a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation, the extenuating circumstances policy no longer applies because COVID-19 and its consequences are no longer unforeseen or unexpected. For Bookings made after the 1st October 2020 our standard Terms & Conditions for cancelation will apply. Please remember to carefully review the our cancellation policy when booking.
- COVID-19-related circumstances not covered include: transport disruptions and cancellations; travel advisories and restrictions; health advisories and quarantines; changes to applicable law; and other government mandates such as evacuation orders, border closures, prohibitions on short-term rentals, and lockdown requirements. Our standard cancellation policy will apply as usual.
8). DAMAGE TO OUR VENUE BY YOU OR YOUR GUESTS.
- Please report any accidental damage or breakage when it happens so that the items can be removed or made safe and repairs or replacement items can be arranged.
- Any damage caused to the venue, its equipment, contents or fittings or its grounds from misuse or negligence by you or your guests will be deemed your responsibility and will be invoiced directly to you payable within 14 days of invoice.
- You must comply with and use your reasonable endeavours to ensure that you and your guests comply with all of our reasonable instructions intended to ensure the safety of the venue and/or people at the venue. A guest means anyone on the premises in connection with someone invited or employed by you.
9) LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- We accept no liability for loss or damage to personal effects or for personal injury or accident that was not a result of our direct negligence and we suggest you make suitable wedding insurance arrangements to cover yourself in this eventuality.
- We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or negligence on our part.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
10) ERRORS, OMISSIONS
Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
We reserve the right to amend and update these terms and conditions as and when required if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which we reasonably believe will not be to the detriment of your overall experience.
We will notify you of any significant changes after you’re booking. Up to date terms & conditions can be found on our website www.bespokebarnweddings.com
Updated March 2021