Your Bespoke Barn Wedding Venue
WE PROVIDE A VERSATILE SPACE for you TO ENTERTAIN YOUR LOVED ONES, WHERE YOU CAN SPEND THE WEEKEND TOGETHER, celebrating the start of your happy ever after all under one star-filled sky!!
Our venues are family homes. Please respect the owner’s privacy when making enquiries. If you wish to arrange a viewing don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via BBW@42castles.com
We Are Currently Closed for viewings allowing us to focus on our clients this year, we reopen bookings at the end of the summer and will contact interested couples in September to arrange viewings. We thank you for your patience and look forward to showing you around Swallow Barn Wales Bespoke Barn Wedding Venue!
- Exclusive Venue Hire, Just you and your guests for the duration of your booking. You can choose to have a traditional Saturday wedding service with a meal, entertainment & dancing, It’s a relaxed and more DIY way to hold an outdoor wedding, everyone helps out and there is a real sense of pitching in. If you’d rather not DIY why not celebrate the wedding vows on Friday evening and then all go on a bike adventure or stay at the venue for a spa day with a luxury riverside picnic and evening band entertainment, on Saturday, all enjoy staying at the venue together fully catered for the weekend, outdoor celebration luxury.
- The space is yours from Friday from 11:00 am – Sunday till 11:00 am & extra days can be booked upon request to extend your fun even more.
- Exclusive use of our Bridal lodge & a range of luxury camping & Chalet style accommodations for your guests to book starting at £190 for the weekend. Available for your whole wedding party.
- Fully Staffed Licenced Bar from 4 pm – 11 pm Friday and 11 am – 11 pm Saturday.
- Our beautiful grounds at Swallow Barn for photographs or pre-dinner drinks on the day of your wedding.
- The ceremony area includes a beautiful silver birch or copper pipe wedding arch.
Integral toilets/ Showers
2 Bar areas, Meadow, Open Barn and Swallow Barn.
- Picnic benches & Chill-out seating
- Our venue hosts – Helen or Alex will be on hand over the wedding weekend to help you create your wedding experience. Includes 2 pre-wedding face-to-face meet-ups at the venue to discuss timings, set-up, external suppliers, accommodation, and more.
- We’re both contactable by WhatsApp from your first inquiry and there to help guide you from our experience in outdoor entertaining and event design.
- A wedding hub page – A place where you can check in with all the details for your wedding. Here we’ll share details of your guests who have booked accommodation, checklists to keep you on track, details of external suppliers you have booked, time planners, and much more, it’s a really useful resource as it’s always there on your phone.
Additional Services Available.
- Catering -Choose from long grazing tables or festival-style food stalls.
- Furniture, Crockery & Glassware.
- Firepits & Wood
- PA System & Silent Disco
- Glam Tents
- Fully Catered Accommodation
- Additional Activities/Games
Why not spread your costs by asking guests to pay for their own glamping accommodation?
Your upgraded wedding suite is our gift to you for your wedding night.
Follow us on Instagram for more wedding inspirations
let’s celebrate together
Contact Us for Availability
A message from your venue hosts, Helen & Alex.
Once seen as an alternative, Outdoor Weddings are now more popular than ever offering a beautiful informal environment for guests to enjoy time together without having to deal with legal formalities and the ease of not having to move between locations, for Ceremony, party & accommodation, meaning more time to enjoy each others company and celebrate.
Over the past 11 years, we’ve been lucky enough to work at venues across the Uk and Europe now coming to settle together in beautiful South Wales. So much has changed in those 11 years!! Whereas our clients once paid extravagantly for the luxury of losing consciousness, today’s clients are spending their money on raising it, and why should this not extend to your wedding?
We’ve certainly learned a lot along the way as well. From our first wedding back in 2010 in a very soggy field by a lake with no electricity or water on-site let alone toilets to today with our Beautiful Barns fully kitted out with showers, electricity, furniture, sound system, and more!! Thankfully times are changing and we’re so pleased to have learned these lessons for you in the past so we can help guide you today in curating your perfect celebration. Gone are the days of wasted table wine and half-eaten pre-booked plated dinners, Hello sparkling English wine, craft beers, mocktails, and sumptuous grazing feasts. We got rid of all the airbeds in our glamping tents, no one needed their night to be deflated by a leaky bed, so we replaced them with a raised memory foam mattress. We let you stock the bar, You know when you turn up to a “wedding venue” and its warm bottled Stella at £9 a pop, yawn, not us, we work with local breweries and producers to make sure we’re fully stocked with you cult favorites and there is plenty to whet your appetite from our doorstep too!!
The reason we love outdoor events is the freedom and space that you have to create an experience for your guests. Free from other people’s decoration choices and clipboard-waving wedding planners, your not on a conveyor of daily weddings crammed into the same tired space, you are able to curate your whole celebration in one place, to your taste, keeping the party going with all your loved ones, we’re a FOMO free wedding zone, well unless you’re not getting wed with us of course!! 😉
After all, weddings are expensive, The average total cost of a wedding in 2019 was £31,974, which was actually £299 less than the previous year and in 2021/22 we’re already seeing massive price increases due to limited dates available for venues, suppliers & honeymoon destinations. Luckily this didn’t affect us too much as we only opened in 2020 so it’s been a blessing in disguise, we have had time to source and build lots more elements into the venue taking away the stress of not being able to source suppliers and doing away with the hidden costs of outdoor weddings, like utilities, furniture, and venue sound system. Not only that its saves you time! There is a lot of planning that goes into the weekend, a survey in 2019 from Hitched.com estimated that 200-300 hours of planning go into a wedding. No amount of money can free you from the stress of having to deal with your own supplier’s dramas the night before your big day and that’s why having a co-ordination team that has done it all before, on standby is so important in making sure you get Hitched without a hitch!!
We’re really happy with our current wedding packages, we feel sure we have all the essential bases covered so if you wished you could just turn up with some food and enjoy the weekend without the flowers or extra decoration, tho why would you, that’s the fun bit!! You’re not restricted by pre-set choices for food, decor, or entertainment, tho we are able to recommend award-winning local suppliers to bring you a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.